Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Reading Jag Over????:<

I have been very busy and have been neglecting my blog and feeling sorry for myself. Sigh. Why the endless self pity?

Why??????? Because I have been on a reading jag. Yep, it always does the trick. Nothing like wallowing in true crime and mystery novels to get you in a good mood. I become part of an alternate world that I don't want to leave even when my head is pounding and I know I HAVE TO STOP. The reason I have managed to stop somewhat? I have run out of novels. And fighting the urge to run out and get more. (It is called an addictive personality I think. I could become addicted to dirt if I get in the correct frame of mind.) I am still reading but I am reading self help crap now just to have something to read that is not addicting.

Now I just have to stop rolling in self pity that I have deadlines and that I have responsibilities and that I have to get up in the morning and that I cannot read 24/7 depressing stuff about murder and mayhem and decidedly unpleasant people.

(If I didn't get up and lay in bed I would feel ten times worse since I would eventually have to roll out of the prone position in order to avoid bed sores. THen I would have to face my most hated enemy, housework. I used to pretend in my mind that I was an illegitimate offspring of royalty and that was why I hated domestic duties, not that I am just basically lazy when it comes to housework.) I do wish they made disposable kitchens and self cleaning clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. happy to read this blog..
Thanks for sharing..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free