Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bad Monkey

When I was a child, I asked my mother for a monkey. I wanted one as a pet. We already had pets and there didn't really seem to be a limit on them. I thought a monkey was a wonderful choice. They were so cute on tv in their little diapers and they would swing around eating bananas and kissing their owners. I thought it would be like having a baby sister or brother. My mother quickly discouraged me. She said they were nasty and had diseases and didn't make good pets. She also said they were dangerous.

Me, being the sensisitive type and the middle child, collected this disapointment and put it in my bag of "I've been wrongeds". (did not my sister GET A PARROT when she had her tonsils out, I asked myself) I later realized, she was of course right, and it would be absolutely hideous to have a psuedo-human bouncing around in your house. Is it animal or human......animal or human.....human or animal.

She was also right about the dangerous part according to this article :

Monkey attacks man and chews of part of face and genitals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. wonderful blog..
Thanks for sharing information with us..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free