Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Cruising the Friendlys

My oldest sister flew to Seattle yesterday, just in time for the latest Mt St. Helens eruption. I hope the volcanic activity did not increase turbulence. I have 2 sisters that are a little sensitive to airplane travel, though I must say she is the bravest by far.

I tend to be a basket case when flying and eat Ativan like candy before and during the flight. (I take one about 30 minutes before the flight, another when taking off and then another whenever the fancy hits. Not very safe) My other sister, (the younger of us three) has to be wheeled off the plane she medicates so well. I actually, (don't laugh) chose bus travel once over flight, I was so afraid. The difference in fares for coach air travel at the time, a whopping $20.

If you have ever ridden a bus for any distance at all, you know how horrible it is. I stinks, is uncomfortable and is generally unpleasant. Feeling a bit deranged, I almost got into an argument with some of my fellow bus mates. Not safe. When I finally staggered off the bus, I felt so grubby and was so demoralized by the whole experience, I almost did not recover. (did I mention my sisters and I also tend to be a bit dramatic)

I hope she is ok. Someone would have called if she wasn't. If she had a mental breakdown brought on by rough flying conditions that rendered her helpless and drooling. What if she was so traumatized by the whole experience, she chooses to take a bus back rather than fly? It would never happen. She would probably walk back before choosing a bus. It would make for a great story.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. wonderful blog..
Thanks for sharing information with us..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free