Saturday, April 30, 2005

Get a Life

I have now been back in my home state of MS for a little over 9 months. I have adjusted now somewhat and not experiencing as much the culture shock that always occurs with a move from one region to another.

I have not lived close to extended family for any real period of time about 20 years. That means holidays were spent either traveling back home or were somewhat lonely times. My parents and siblings have always been great and sent us huge boxes full of gifts for the kids if we were unable to make it home for Christmas. Other holidays were spent alone or at times with other such orphaned families.

My kids started moving back home without me and that made for even lonelier minor holidays. I am very happy to be with not only extended family but immediate family all in one state.

I don't, however, have much of a personal life. It takes me a while to make female friends. I feel it is better if I do not date so that I can devote more time to my kids. So I am bored. Sigh. I need more of a life. I need to LIVE life more and not be so lazy. There are so many things I want to do that I don't just because I don't want to exert the effort.

Oh well, at least I have the cat. Yes, the cat, who once again needs a bath and to have his hair balls cut off. Aargh. Maybe I can make a really good friend who loves cats so much that they will volunteer to bathe my cat or better yet, invite the cat to live at their house so that they can spend more quality time with him. It would be an extreme sacrifice to let the cat go. But no sacrifice is too great for friendship. Right?

(I really did not mean to talk about the cat but he is laying on the couch snoring depositing hair on the couch since he has so much hair everything he touches including my bed which I KNOW HE SLEEPS ON IN THE DAYTIME SINCE THERE IS USUALLY A FINE LAYER OF CAT HAIR ON THE SHEETS EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY BED. Sorry.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. wonderful blog..
Thanks for sharing information with us..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free