Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Reader

I have started reading again. I am an avid reader. So much so that there are times when I have to detox from books. Since my test is over and I feel bored, I hit the library.

The library I have been banned from due to overdue books. It always happens. I will be diligent and take the books back and then due diligence will disapear and I am back again with a huge fine.

Yesterday, out of boredom and desperation, I went back to the library with my check book in hand. The fine? $41. I advised the little guy at the desk that I do not just check books out, I lease them. I don't think he was amused.

When I returned later with about 20 books counting mine, my daughters and some for my little grandson, he had a look of fleeting horror on his face. He advised me gravely that next time my fine would probably only be around $100. I ignored his comment. What he does not realize is that we always check out a million books and they make it back until that one time. That one time when I am too lazy or my book thirst has been so satiated that I conveniently over look the pile of books that are not mine. Sigh.

My neighborhood does not have good garage sales. What I used to do is go to garage sales and buy books for .10 or .25. It saved me money in the long run and I did not have to take them back.

This time.....this time I will not get a fine. I will take my books back and be good so I will not be forced to search for books in obscure places and read whatever my scavenger hunt finds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. happy to read this blog..
Thanks for sharing..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free