Friday, May 06, 2005

Turn the Page

The next 7 days will be a benchmark in the lives of 3 of my children. One will be graduating from college, the other from highschool. My youngest child will be turning 16.

It will also be a new chapter for me and the cat. As of tomorrow, I will be cat-less and the cat will be me-less. I think he will be better off. I am sad. Me and that cat have gone thru alot.

Was it the "treasures" he had been depositing on my carpet the final straw that broke the camels back? Was it the endless nights spent trying to go back to sleep after being awakened by His Hideousness at 3am? No, none of the above.

When the baby was about 2 months old, he was sitting in his swing, innocently swinging away thinking baby thoughts when the cat grabbed his arm (breaking the skin) with his teeth and scratched his face. That is horrible, you might think. Why did you put up with that, you might think. I wanted to give the cat the benefit of the doubt. He was adjusting to the baby and he would be fine. 2 days ago, the cat repeated the exact same behavior. Grabbed the baby's arm in his mouth (leaving teeth marks where he broke the skin) and scratched his face. (leaving scratch marks all down his cheek) The baby is now 5 months old. The cat has had all the time he is going to get.

The cat is history.

I am sad. I feel like a failure as a pet owner. I will miss His Hideousness. I am sure he will miss us. He is going to a good place though. He deserves to be with a cat lover.

I deserve to get a good nights sleep in a hairless environment. (Have I mentioned, due to his long hair that clings to every surface and crevice of the apartment and floats in the air, that I live in a virtual HAIR BALL)

What will I talk about?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. happy to read this blog..
Thanks for sharing..
___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free